2014 Phoenix Film Festival Internships
The Phoenix Film Festival is looking for interns for the 2014 festival. The internships are unpaid but include festival passes and can be done for school credit. Multiple interns are accepted for each position.
Festival Administrative Intern
This internship will provide the candidate a wide variety of experience working on all aspect of the festival. This will give the intern extensive experience in hospitality and event planning.
- Work directly with the Festival Director on planning of the Festival and other events associated with it. This includes but is not limited to:
- Work with Filmmaker Relations in planning travel to Festival including air, hotel and ground transportation.
- Correspond with filmmakers to ensure their needs are all met and that the festival receives all needed materials from them.
- Work with Events Department on execution of all four major festival parties including entertainment, vendors and logistics.
- Build web content for films selected to the festival to market the event.
- Become assistant editor for the printed Festival Program which is a 72 page booklet about the event.
- Work with Guest Relations on creation of ticketing process including online sales, passes and printed tickets.
- Coordinating sponsorships with Sponsorship Director including getting materials to and from sponsors.
- Manage events leading up to the festival that promote the event.
This internship will provide the candidate a wide variety of production experience working on video production aspects of the festival. This will give the intern experience in video production.
- Work directly with the Festival AV Director on execution of production needs for the event. This includes but is not limited to:
- Capturing video from short films selected to play at the festival from video files on discs, drives and submitted electronically.
- Assist in producing compilations of the short programs on BluRay.
- Involved in building BluRays for the opening trailer for the festival programs.
- Serve as crew for production of video spots broadcast during the festival.
- Involved with preparing the online video spots for the website.
If you're interested in either of these internships, please contact Jason Carney at 602-955-6444 or email@example.com